Thursday, December 7, 2006

10 Things Thursday

Ten Things Thursday

A brief read- the best kind sometimes.

1) I usually can't function without some sort of white noise. I have a fan on at my desk and in my bedroom at all times to drown out the silence.

2) My favorite dish is a simple Pad Thai from the small Thai place near my apartment. When I had bad strep throat in May and couldn't eat anything, I mustered up all my energy and pain coping powers just to eat it. It was the only meal I had for days.

3) I haven't finished my education yet. I've been in a holding pattern trying to figure out what I want to do- I don't want to go back to school now just for the sake of doing so.

4) I get to work an hour early every day- sometimes I'll catch up on emails. Most of the times I'm either reading the blogs or (now) knitting. My work is quite accustomed to seeing me during the morning in our cove area that overlooks Boston Harbor.

5) I'm not phased by commute times and things like that. I have an hour commute every morning but I've always had it so don't feel like it's too long or feel the need to get upset about it.

6) My dream is to be a freelance something. For a while I played around with the idea of being a Freelance Stripe Designer. If you know anyone looking for someone who can play with stripes well on a computer, please give them my contact info. A stripe portfolio can be furnished upon request.

7) One phrase that makes me shudder in absolute pain: "mass produce" My ex used it. You can make the deduction from that one...

8) I believe that knitting and Netflix are the perfect combination for urban life. When I get home from work and immerse myself in these two worlds, I feel at peace. Mostly I like to rent DVDs of TV series but I also have a fondness for things like Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Jane Eyre and etc.

9) I get wicked bad allergies. I used to think it was because I was allergic to school. Now, I just think it's annoying and a waste of sick days.

10) I realized that my neighborhood in Boston (Allston) has whole blocks dedicated to nothing but food. In the span of a few minutes, I can pass a Chinese restaurant, a coffee/dessert shop, a Korean restaurant, a Vietnamese restaurant, Italian place, Thai place, Mexican place, Indian, Asian BBQ, Pub fare, Asian bakery, Bubble Tea palace (at least to me). It's a whole kingdom of food!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I completely agree about knitting and Netflix. Given your stated taste for adaptations of 19th century British novels, may I recommend _Bleak House_?

It aired on PBS last year and is available on DVD. It is absolutely wonderful.