Tuesday, January 2, 2007

My Knit Year's Resolutions

Funny enough, I don't think I've made any hard and fast resolutions for this year. Mostly I'm just hoping for peace inside myself and courage/energy to tackle the challenges that will be thrown my way. Throw in acceptance of things I can't change too- that's always a nice one.

Knitting though- now there's a place to make resolutions!

1. Try and become a more social knitter- maybe even attend a group of some sort.

2. Year of the sweater. While I've started over 3 times on the current sweater I'm working on, it's been more of a friend rather than a project. When I go home at night, I know the sweater is there to work on. As long as I pick fiber that I love, colors that excite me, or a pattern that I can't wait to finish, I'll have all the knitting needs I have met in the sweater.

3. Eschew perfection but aim for precision and thoughtfulness in my knits. If a mistake happens, try and implement any technical skills I have to try and maneuver around it or get rid of it. But don't start the whole project over again if it can't be resolved.

4. Experiment and/or design. While endless stockinette is fun, it's not so much of a challenge, is it? I resolve to pick up my Barbara Walker and EZ books and really see how I can get the images in my mind onto fabric.

5. Get a better camera and blog more. Nuff said there!

Happy New Year!

No comments: